Join Our Team!
Since its establishment in 2017, SketchPad has provided an intentional, collaborative, and innovative Jewish coworking space – the only such designated space in Chicago – to a wide variety of diverse Jewish communal organizations and professionals. Our mission is to maximize the impact of our member organizations by fostering collaboration, innovation, and resource-sharing in a supportive and joyful environment, while promoting Jewish values such as inclusivity, environmentalism, and hachnasat orchim, or hospitality.
More than a workspace, SketchPad also serves as a cultural and intellectual hub for the city’s Jewish nonprofit professionals, and model for a new type of Jewish community space that focuses on translating Jewish values into practical, people-focused outcomes. This begins with the impact-focused missions of SketchPad’s member organizations and extends to our curated professional development and learning opportunities, socially and environmentally conscious workspace practices, and a community culture that supports the interplay between Jewish tradition and innovative coworking.
About the Position
SketchPad is seeking a half-time Office Manager for our shared work space and vibrant Jewish community. This person will be responsible for day-to-day management and operations, with a passion for nurturing our spiritual, professional, Jewish innovation hub. This position will be best filled by a truly flexible individual, capable of managing our physical space and membership logistics and engaging and communicating with members and the broader Jewish community. The ideal candidate will be adaptive, creative, eager to learn, invested in relationship building, and with an interest in frontward facing customer service.
- Space Management and Business Operations – As the central point of contact, you will ensure that SketchPad is a functional and welcoming space for members and guests. You will:
- Manage day-to-day operations: office systems, space and technology maintenance needs, inventory & supply management, troubleshooting, and liaison with vendors
- Coordinate membership operations, including but not limited to, new member inquiries, agreements, onboarding, and invoicing
- Oversee and assist with space inquiries, tours, rentals, and event scheduling, with a focus on increasing fee-for-service revenue
- Be responsive to day-to-day needs of member organizations with respect to space use.
- Serve as a first point of contact for visitors and guests
- As needed, assist the Executive Director with program related logistics & implementation
What You Bring to the Role
- Warm, friendly, and community-oriented customer service ethic
- Strong project/program management skills - highly organized and process-oriented but also adaptive, flexible, and skilled at problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google productivity suite
- Experience with Canva as well as booking/billing platforms a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Chicago’s Jewish community and the larger Jewish nonprofit organizational landscape preferred
What We Offer
SketchPad is not just a place to work, but a vibrant, collaborative community of Jewish organizations and professionals doing inspiring work.
This position is half time, salaried and requires ~25 hours a week to assist with office operations. Salary range is $22,800 - $27,500/yr, along with eligibility to earn monthly commissions (10-15%) on new event rental revenue. All work hours are required to be in person.
The position is not eligible for health insurance nor family leave benefits. However we do offer one week paid vacation, as well as all federal holidays and Jewish holidays off, and early close on Fridays for Shabbat.
Instructions To Apply
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused many women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. SketchPad is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe that diversity within staff is an organizational strength, and recognize and value the intersecting identities that staff members bring to our organization. We are committed to providing equal employment consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, religion, or any other protected status.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. In addition to a standard interview with the current ED, finalist(s) may expect an additional interview with select Board members.
COVID-19 Policy: To center the safety and well-being of its community members, SketchPad requires candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law.